It’s a slow Sunday here, the kind of day when I only drink (herbal) tea and read and write stuff on the Internet. I like it a lot. I’ve had an hectic week here : 2 gigs, 1 movie night, 1 trip to London. In Paris, this would have been a quiet week. How things change.
- Gigs? Yep. Patrick Wolf on Tuesday was amazing. He celebrated ten(!) years of making music by playing in a church. It was magical, crazy, beautiful. I think I cried once. And discovering Tarq Bowen on Wedsnesday was great : if you like Blues, folk and beautiful voices, you’ll love this guy.
- Went to see Silver Linings Playbook. Jennifer Lawrence, I think I’m desperately in love with your talent. Playing an emotionally damaged widow is probably risky for a 22-year-old, but she does it perfectly. Her part is raw and intense. Amazing. Bradley Cooper is surprisingly good, too. Also, Julia Stiles guys!!! * pre-2000 teen idols love alert*
- London is beauty but I’m so glad I don’t live here. (Almost lost my phone in this madness)
- I’m writing a lot these days. I think things get better. I use 750words.com as a morning tool to get me started – I call it my “writing yoga”. Yes. I feel more confident than ever in writing this book and finishing it. And that’s a wonderful feeling, confidence. I’m not really used to it, so let’s hope it lasts.
- The cold in this flat is depressing. The non-returned calls from the property manager are upsetting. Guys, that’s it, I’m moving.
- For my fellow comics-lovers, Saga #8 is out on Wednesday. REJOICE.
- Five days till the end of the world. What should we do?